Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Almost Too Much


I have enjoyed about as much as I can stand of this election cycle.  On the average, I am getting one political “robo-call” every day.  I am tired of the democrat attack advertisements that contain such blatant lies and attempts at character assassination of anyone that is moderate or anywhere to the right of center.   

What worries me is that the majority of democrats seem hell bent, intentionally or not, on destroying our country.  Should we wind up with a democrat president, House of Representatives, and Senate, I have great fears for the First and Second Amendments not to mention the Tenth Amendment and possibly the Fourth through the Seventh Amendments when the First and Second Amendments are neutralized. 

The outrageous national debt and continuous deficit spending scare the hell out of me.  The constant denial by the federal government of high inflation to avoid cost of living adjustments, the government effectively printing money for “Quantitative Easing” of the economy, and the pending “sequestration” is a recipe for disaster. 

The “sequestration” alone is a disaster waiting to happen.  I know only a little about the fiscal reductions it mandates and I comprehend only a few of the ramifications.  I do know it would effectively disembowel the major defense industries and the military.  I shudder to think about the ripple effect on the economy let alone national security. 

My fears extend to our state.  We have seen what a blue administration and legislature have done to our local economy.  We have seen the misleading propaganda, obfuscation, and outright falsehoods regarding tax revenue as well as grossly expensive projects that benefit only the central and western portions of the state with complete disregard for the state debt, deficit, and the economy.  The continuing attacks on the rights provided by the state and federal constitutions are sickening. 

It is almost too much. 

The situation may not be too far gone to fix.  I have some recommendations that might help. 

For president, I recommend Mitt Romney.

For the United States Senate, I recommend Linda McMahon.  For the House of Representatives, I recommend Paul Formica.

For the Connecticut House of Representatives, I recommend Tony Siraguse (District 38 – Montville/Waterford), Andrew Lavery (District 40 - Groton/Ledyard), Harry Watson (District 41 – Groton), Mike France (District 42 – Montville/Ledyard/Preston), and Kevin Ryan (District 139 – Montville/Bozrah/Norwich).

For the Connecticut Senate, I recommend Christopher Coutu (District 19 – Montville/Bozrah/the Lymes/New London/Salem) and Mike Doyle (District 20 – Ledyard/Norwich/Franklin/Sprague/Lisbon).  For District 18 (southeast corner of the state including Groton), I recommend Theresa Madonna.  

No comments:

Post a Comment