Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bitter About Montville Government


I stand accused of being bitter about Montville town government.  In a way, I suppose I am but maybe upset would be a better descriptor.  

The town takes the most of five of my Social Security checks in taxes.  In return, I get crumbling infrastructure (i.e. Montville Road bridge, Fair Oaks School) and essentially no police protection (three routine patrols in one year).  The fire departments are great but then the council does not have much to do with their day-to-day operations. 

I also get lawsuits to raise my taxes even higher.  For example and in no particular order; McNally vs. WPCA, the Rand-Whitney Containerboard lawsuit (cost the town $11.7 million), Vaill vs. Montville, Weiss vs. Montville, Lenda vs. Montville, Property Owners of Podurgiel Lane vs. Montville (planning),  Property Owners of Podurgiel Lane vs. Montville (mudslide), FOIA complaints, ACLU vs. Montville (potential – almost certain - Senior Safety Zones) 

On top of all that, I get the Water Control Pollution Authority corruption and political infighting not to mention the same in the police department and town hall. 

The town provides some good services but those are not directly affected by, or affiliated with, the town council (Senior Center and Youth Services). 

Call me bitter if you want, I have grounds for whatever my attitude is labeled.


No comments:

Post a Comment